WHAT TO BRING
TO YOUR AMAZON EXPEDITION
The Yasuni National Park Management has notified that visitors are no longer required to present the coivd 19 Vaccination Certificate, QR certificate or RT PCR test results. Visitors must always wear a mask in shared spaces.
Airlines allow alcohol containers of up to 100ml in carry-on luggage
- Good binoculars for wildlife viewing 8×35 mm*
- Camera/video gear (id using film, lower ASA for open areas (50 or 100), higher ASA for forest (400 and up). [24 hour electricity (110 V) is available for charging batteries an digital equipment]
- Clothing: Two or three pairs of lightweight long pants. Two or three long-sleeved lightweight shirts. Two or three T-shirts. One or two pairs of shorts (mostly for around the lodge). Lightweight sweater or jacket. Raingear (if your prefer not to use the ponchos provided). Three or four pairs of long cotton socks (long)*. One pair of sneakers and/or hiking boots. Sandals (Teva type or similar for around the lodge). A hat for sun protection ( and that will stay on during windy boat rides). Take in consideration that bright colors might scare the animals.
- Small day pack for excursions. Zip lock-types plastic bags to cover optics or other gear.
- Insect repellent (Skin-so-soft or DEET product with at least 20% concentration). No inflammable sprays as they are not allowed by the airline. Sunscreen lotion with a high SPF factor.
- Flashlight or headlamp bright enough for use on night walks.
- Personal toiletries and medications (carry medications with you when arriving and leaving the lodge).
- Extra batteries/film/video tapes appropriate.
- Original passport (always good to have while traveling).
- Credit card Visa, Mastercard and Dinners for bar bills and cash (US$) for handicraft purchases.