For your travel to the Amazon it is advisable that you take only the necessary things with you. And because you probably need some help on packing your things, here below some recommendations of things you will need in your stay at the Napo Wildlife Center.
- Identity card and passport.
- A small or medium baggage. Try to take only the necessary things to the lodge.
- A backpack. Apart from your luggage take a comfortable backpack with you for the daily excursions around the forest, rivers and streams.
- It is advisable that you take with you some medicines you in case of any pain.
- Extra Money and cash. You will probably need it for bar bills and for handcraft purchases.
- Mosquito repellent.
- A good quality camera. You would probably take photos of the outstanding landscapes you will have the opportunity to see.
- Binoculars for bird watching and get a closer look to wildlife that inhabits the Amazon Rainforest in Ecuador.
Clothing and accesories
- Lightweight long pants (you can take 2 or three pairs)
- Lightweight long-sleeved shirts (also two or three pairs)
- Cotton socks (1 or 2 pairs per day)
- Sandals (for being more comfortable when you are around the lodge)
- A lightweight sweater or a jacket.
- One or two pairs of short (for when you are around the hotel)
Do not forget
- A hat and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun.
- Rechargeable extra batteries for your camera or video tape (in the lodge there is 24/7 electricity).
- A flashlight will be very useful for night excursions.
- A small umbrella (very useful for light rains)
- IMPORTANT: clip bags to pack your devices (humidity in the Amazon Rainforest is really high).
At the Napo Wildlife Center you will be provided with a poncho or raincoat and rubber boots for forest excursions and canoe riding. Also, other items such as soap, shampoo, towels, etc are provided in the hotel.